Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Best YEAR Ever.

I think for the sake of entertainment, I will write this entry in reverse chronological order.
Another year gone by... full of laughs, tears, and memories.  After celebrating my 22nd birthday today, I couldn't help but reminisce about the past year that has gone by way too quickly. I truly had the best year of my life. (If I nix the 4 months of boredom at Smith- well the homework and classes part)  It was but only a year ago that the Shanghai group sat in Blue Frog burger joint in Shanghai to celebrate my birthday.

My 21st Birthday.

While I definitely enjoyed the big group for my birthday, and dearly wish they were here again, but tonight I had a quaint dinner at Heartland Brewery for 7 people. We sat in the basement of the Empire State Building enjoying....burgers! It seems to be a common trend for my birthday these years. I think I will want to go back to the TexMex birthday tradition. 

My managers took me out for lunch today at a Thai restaurant across the street from work. It was my manager's first time eating Thai food, so she was a "Thai virgin" as she put it. Wow, it sounds so much worse than when she said it. But, thankfully, she loved it! After some Pad Thai and Basil Chicken we had to rush back to the insanity of our workplace. 

This morning, the CEO came up to me and gave me a long schpeel about how difficult it was to get SNL tickets, but he "got them just for me". So I have to go through this long process of e-mailing and receiving directions from his contact at NBC. BUT, I get to see Jude Law and Pearl Jam at SNL this Saturday! No more waiting in line for 4 hours in the freezing cold, no more colds, no more hobo-esque photos! Maybe I'll get better seats this time too?...I dare to dream.

On Sunday, Kelley, Brittany, Ashley and I met up for brunch at the Sunburnt Cow. We had to wait an hour an a half until we got seated, but it was definitely worth the wait.  Their aussie burgers and bottomless mimosas oh and the cute bartender with the lip ring (only got cuter with the additional glass of mimosa), yes, worth the wait. I probably had one mimosa too many, or it was the fact that I forgot I took DayQuil earlier, so that didn't sit too well with me the rest of the day. We sat in the restaurant for about 3.5 hours until we decided to roam around Alphabet City.  We walked through the dog park where we saw some X-rated activities >.< .  but I had to head home around 6 from a splitting headache, but also to watch the Oscars!  



Stacked with a beef patty, pineapple, beets, red onions, egg, lettuce, tomato, and cheese. MMM!

Raunchy... -___-;;

So...where are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie at the Oscars? Hiding away in their French chateau I guess... However, I did stare at Matt Damon the entire time, still can't believe I touched his face. Yes, you will hear about this for the rest of my life.  Also, I think it's funny that James Cameron's ex-wife won "Best Director" and "Best Picture". Oh, you should have stayed married Jim. 

On Saturday, us four took the Path train to Hoboken for the city's annual St. Paddy's day parade, but we didn't really go to see the parade. I bought a green hoodie from Urban Outfitters before we headed out since I was not wearing ANYTHING green, nor do I own anything green. So I figured that I could wear this at least one more time, on St. Patrick's day! This was one of the first beautiful days of Spring at 52 degrees F. I'm sorry, us New Yorkers get happy when it is above the 40s. It has only gotten more beautiful, at a whopping 60 degrees F yesterday (well, Monday...it gets confusing when I write backwards)!  The stupid bars of Hoboken were capitalizing on their special day of the year by charging $40 covers! Are they insane?! Why would you charge so much to go INDOORS on such a beautiful day?? Crazy talk I say. So I departed my friends after a few hours. Walked to the train and passed by Carlos' bakery (the one on TLC's Cake Boss)!  Sadly, it was packed so I just walked past it dreaming of their cannoli. I guess its a sign I should wait for their 25 cent cannoli day!



Beautiful weather!


That night, I went to see Alice in Wonderland 3D with Annabelle and Yaniv. I absolutely LOVED it, and I didn't really expect to. I am in love with Chesire Cat, even though he is a different color than in the storybook. I recommend everyone to see it!  Just FYI, I watch movies for ENTERTAINMENT, and don't expect a whole lot except for the pure entertainment factor. So, if you don't like it, don't blame me, you expect too much. :)


Maybe I just like big-headed cats.

On Friday...Work. But four of us walked to Grand Central to see the filming of GG. We saw Rufus, Dan, Jenny, Jonathan, and Lily! My pics aren't too clear though. Thanks PulseJFK!



My clearest photo. Yes, I hate my camera you don't have to tell me.


I don't think I have anything else to update. Til next time! I'll post my birthday pics in the next post.
Bye, from South Africa! Jk. I wish.


This post is a tribute to all of you who have affected my life in the past year: I appreciate your spirit, vibrance, and character as I will continue to remember you in my heart. You have made my past year, and outlook of the future a very bright and glorious adventure. I only hope that we meet again and that we can celebrate the amazing times we have had while creating new memories.

UPCOMING:
March 13: SNL with Jude Law and Pearl Jam
March 19: Benny Benassi Birthday Bash at Pacha
March 21-23: Convention at the Marriott Marquis
April 3-10: Family road trip to Canada :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Creative Commons // Copyright 2009 Chaos of Gotham