Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Medium Raw & Bionic

These are my final weeks in New York City, and I'm trying to go out with a bang! Since I got back from California, I haven't really done much until yesterday. Monday, I went to get my Chinese visa. You can read all about my adventure on my new blog http://chaosEXPOsed.blogspot.com.

Anyhow, I was alerted by PulseJFK that my travel hero would be in town for a book signing. Anthony Bourdain!! It's funny because my mom was the one who introduced me to his TV show, "No Reservations", and I used to watch it occasionally, but ever since my year abroad in China, I have been yearning to watch anything about Asia.  Whenever his show is on and is about any Asian country, I am hooked.  His satirical persona and addiction to food is also so...well, addictive.  I enjoy the fact he takes the back roads and loves street food.  As much as I love Samantha Brown, her style of traveling is not for me... well, maybe on occasion.

So, yesterday, I took a long lunch break and went to the Border's on Wall Street. To my surprise, the line was wrapped around the whole 2nd floor. Yes, I was surprised! Also, after posting that I met him, I was surprised at how many people responded.  Not as many as for Matt Damon, but I didn't realize he was such a superstar! All I know is that he is an inspiration for me, and I am excited to read his new book, and take his travel tips from his blog!

Guess how long I waited? TWO HOURS. I was there early too! Finally at 2pm, I got to shake his hand and tell him never to wear his Blackhawks shirt again. He replied "I'm not even a hockey fan!" Funny too, since he should be representing New York! Anyhow, I told him that I was visiting his favorite country - Vietnam, a country on which he filmed TWO episodes on his show. His response made me so happy... "I am very jealous of you!" ...O.M.G! Anthony Bourdain admitted he was jealous of me! Does he realize how many people want his job...LIFE!? I'm sure he does, but yes to hear those words were music to my ears. 


Pissed the picture is blurry.

Signing away.


Unhappy about his shirt. Grr.

Autographed signed book.

It's funny. Bourdain was the first "celeb" I have an autograph from AND a picture with. 


This morning, I headed over to 59th & 5th, where CBS was filming their Early Show. I received tickets about a month ago to the Christina Aguilera episode taping. The line was really long but I still got a pretty good position near the stage.  I can always complain about something, but I really had nothing to complain about.  I met some really cool people in line and chatted with them about traveling and got some good pointers about backpacking by yourself. One girl might actually be in the same area when I'm there! Anyhow! It started raining so the show was off and on, but it was great to see Christina perform live. 
First outfit.


She changed into her raincoat when it started raining. Cute!

She sang a few of her old songs like "Genie in a bottle", "Beautiful", and "Fighter", then she sang from her new CD Bi-on-ic - "Not myself tonight". I was too close to the drums to really hear what she was singing, but the music was great. 

Annabelle and I were able to rush back to the office for the Intern Farewell Lunch. Had a yummy lunch, and got to talk with all of the new summer interns. Also, we got our farewell presents - a gift from Tiffany & Co! How New York of them! I feel like Holly Golightly :)





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Creative Commons // Copyright 2009 Chaos of Gotham